Once again it’s the first of December and the countdown is on! And to kick off this festive month, whilst you all enjoy your daily scrumptious chocolate I have carefully crafted a list of 24 self-care and mindful activities for those that want to put themselves at the top of their to-do list.
All it takes is a mini moment of self care to slow down from what easily can be a whirlwind of a month. After all, it encourages us to make time for the important things at Christmas, not buying presents, but spending time, quality time with family and friends.
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Light the fire and watch a christmas movie with lots of hot choclate and snacks
- Go ice-skating
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Walk around your local neighbourhood to see all the chritmas lights
- Bake mince pies and listen to christmas music
- Take a frosty morning walk along the beach
- Go to a christmas fayre
- Build a snowman – if you’re lucky enough to get snow!
- Go to a carol sevice
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Make your own christmas gift tags and cards
- Watch a Christmas light switch-on
- Cheese and wine night
- Enjoy a board game night by the fire
- Listen to your favourite christmas songs and dance
- Go for a snowy forest walk
- Make a wreath for your front door
- Wish a stranger Merry Christmas
- Enjoy a festive spa night
- Give yourself a festive manicure
- Visit Christmas markets
- Cook yourself your favourite meal
- Buy yourself a christmas gift (and wrap it up)
With so many activities to chose and so many ways to personalise your self-care advent calendar can be brought out year after year in the run up to christmas.