Well wasn’t that just the longest month in the world and I think, for me, definitely the hardest month I’ve experience of lockdown. Anyhow, a new month is upon us and I intend for this one to not send me stir crazy. So here’s a few of the things I think you might like to do this month.
- Applaud yourself for surviving January
- Buy your first bunch of daffodils
- Devour a sickening amount of pancakes
- Snap up a thrifty M&S dinner for two, nothing says romance like a bargain dinner
- Join me by being shocked at Easter eggs arriving in supermarkets, whilst loading up your trolley with hot cross buns and mini eggs
- Get a head start on your spring cleaning
- Whip up a big ol’ pitcher of Margaritas to celebrate Margaritas Day, 22nd February 2021
- Have a home spa afternoon, pick up some of your favourite beauty treatments and treat yourself to a spa date at home.
- Do something for Random Acts of Kindness Day, 17th February 2021
- Get out into the garden. Fill your bird feeders, keep your bird bath topped up and consider planting a new plant.
- Make pizzas! February 9th is National Pizza Day, the perfect excuse day for homemade pizzas. Buy your favourite toppings and whip up some pizza dough to celebrate
- Binge on romantic movies. A few of my favourites on Netflix at the moment are: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Bridgerton, The Crown, Rebecca, Pride & Prejudice
- Spoil your beloved furry friend, February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day
- Have a closet clear out: we’ve spent almost a year in and out of lockdowns, if you haven’t worn a piece of clothing in that time do you really need it?
- Grab a takeaway from your favourite spot
- Learn to say ‘love’ in 5 different languages
- Bake your favourite dessert; we’ve all got a go to pudding!
- Cook a new seasonal recipe, I’ve got my eye on this hearty-warmer
- Celebrate Valentines Day. there are so many ways in which we can all celebrate this day. Treat your significant other, your children, or yourself with something special.
- Get out for a walk. Whether you’re blessed with a flurry of snow or whether there’s a bitter wind, get outdoors and enjoy the scenery and fresh air.
- And finally, and the one I’m most looking forward to this month, spoil your pet. Shep is spoilt on a daily basis but February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day. The perfect excuse to give your furry friend some extra love and attention, I’m sure neither of you will mind.