And just like that we’ve hit the final month of the year, what a quick blast round the sun it has been.
I don’t know about you but after last years disastrous Christmas I am so unbelievably excited for this one. Not necessarily the whole present thing but just to be going back home, eating my body weight in food and spending time with the family is all I want/need right now.
To make the best of this month, here’s my 20 things to do.
1. Pat yourself on the back, you made it!
2. Convince yourself you’re organised and will get your presents early – in actual fact you’ve left it with a week to go
3. Purchase yourself the glitziest outfit for an evening of festive drinks and nibbles
4. Watch all the cheesy Hallmark movies Netflix has to offer
5. Light ALL the scented candles
6. Visit Christmas markets – my favourite are Bath
7. If you haven’t already get your ass on the sofa at 9pm to watch I’m A Celebrity
8. Make a Christmas Wreath and realise exactly why you didn’t become a florist.
9. Watch The Holiday and Love Actually back to back on repeat
10. Get crafty. Whether it’s making DIY napkin rings, paper snowflakes, Christmas crackers, scented candles or festive baubles, throw yourself into it and go all out!
11. Go to the pantomime
12. Wrap up and head out for a walk. I recommend packing a flask of hot chocolate to warm yourself up half way round.
13. Personalise your wrapping with homemade gift tags made from Air Dry clay
14. Build a snowman, thats if we’re blessed with any snow this year
15. Camp out in the living room for a night, with all the twinkly lights on, plenty of popcorn and watch endless hours of movies
16. Indulge in copious amounts of cheese and biscuits
17. Give yourself a break and cherish the merriment and wonder of the season
18. Shop small for your Christmas gifts – I have lots of suggestions for you to check out in the next few days
19. Have an impromptu prosecco party at home in a glittery dress and fluffy slippers
20. Stay up all night, dancing
21. Leave a little sparkle wherever you go
See you on the flip side! Love, AR